Saturday, June 19, 2010

Harry Potter

When i was in 8th grade, my father introduced me to the "Harry Potter & the sorcerer's stone" - the movie. I still think it as one of the best things happened to me. The great web of wizarding world, existing unknown to muggles, amazed me like nothing before. Specially the point at which Hagrid come to the Harry's rescue from the Durselys. Professor Dumbledore (played by richard Harris) was so convincing in his character, that i accepted his wisdom in reality. Professor Severus Snape (played by Alan Rickman) was the object of hatred instantly. Friendship of Ron & Hermione was accepted as my own. This was before I've started grabbing the books by Rowling.

Later, I saw "Chambers of secrets". It was even better. I perceived the character of He Who Must Not Be Named as my own problems. As i was young, the concept of troubling sleep was completely different as is now. The sequence of young Tom Riddle & Harry challenging each other was wonderfully pictured. There I learned no matter how big a problem is, there's always a way out if you are on the right side. Than I laid my hands on the books. I read "Prisoner of Azkaban" first, as i was aware of the story line of 1st two books through movies. Reading was even better than watching movie. That's how i become a fan of reading fiction.

Till my secondary school education, I have read all the Harry potter series. I could still taste the feeling of waiting for new books to be published, catching on every bit of news media delivered about the Potter boy. Harry had become a friend, most lovable thing till it's time lasted. I had gone crazy discussing to be released Harry Potter books & what's their likes would be, on various blogs & groups. I have waited long for 5th, 6th & 7th books of the series. Harry had become the most exciting part of my life. The books were like a friend which have never said NO to me. I read the previous books again & again waiting for the new one. If anything troubled me, i just grab one of the books & started reading it again. I must have read all the parts 5-6 times. The joy of reading & waiting was never the same after the end of the series.

I was much teased by the pupil at school. I was an easy target for everyone. Because of being raised with sisters & having no real visiting friends till 8th grade, i had developed much of the girlish qualities. My God given voice is easily anticipated as girl's till now. I was miserable with complete strangers picking on me. That's where my friends played their part gracefully. My most beloved friend, Fahad Yar Khan, was a year senior to me & he took me under his wings like a brother. He himself is a Harry Potter fan. I still love him as a bro. He gave me my e-nick, Flaring Phoenix. I have learned a lot from him & he himself is not known of his teachings.

Coming back to Harry, when ever I was disturbed of worlds attitude towards me, the books were of great help. They took me through the lonely nights & I was never disturbed by the nightmares as my dreams were always about Hogwards. Harry kept me busy until I realized, my personality is what made me complete. I am different because it's how Allah have made me. Only time will change somethings, but still not everything. I have changed but still there's place for improvement. I am still targeted as the ultimate Mummy Daddy person. But now, I am not disturbed by it at all. I know now people love me for what I am. It is a lesson that took a long to be learned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment